God's Grace in My Life

this is a site where you can learn about random, weird, and crazy things that can happen in a girl's life as well as how God uses all of these things to bring honor and glory to him

May 02, 2006

Considering off-campus?

Dorm life. I miss it. Last year at about this time i was awaiting approval from the dean's office in order to me to move off-campus. rumor had it that they were planning on changing the minimal off-campus age to 23. If that happened, i was ready with a speech for them with all the reasons why i should not have to live on-campus. NOW, i am all prepared with a speech for anyone who desires to move off-campus.

HERE YE! HERE YE!
Living off campus is over-rated. You actually do not save much money, and all the time you think you may have to have friends over, etc. is actually a myth. Watching tv is allegedly a major reason for people wanting to move off-campus. while this was not a motivation for me, understand that you probably wont have time to watch much tv because you will be doing one of the following: grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, homework, ministry, or trying to keep up with your on-campus friends.
So please. take my advice. stay on-campus. milk it for all its worth. go to every meal (you pay for them!) stay up late and talk with your roomies. cherish the laughter in the halls, the burnt popcorn smell, the extra-long dorm devotions, the visitors, and the 5 minute walk to class. Enjoy the bubble. because once you are out in the real world, things are never the same.

Dont get me wrong. i am not by any means discontent with where i am. i love my apartment, my landlords, the responsibility, and the ability to let my friends have an escape from the bubble. BUT, if you are considering the off-campus movement. abstain. procrastinate. avoid. do whatever you have to do, and just feed off of your friends who already live off-campus. they will love to socialize with you!

6 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Noah said...

If you're lucky, however, living off campus doesn't have to be THAT realistic. :-) Take Mrs. Gersdorf, example. She rents out to college students for very cheap and is kind of like a 2nd grandma of sorts to whoever rents from her. At the moment, Jimmy and Joel Stevens (her grandsons) are staying with her, as are several others. I will be joining their ranks after one of the guys moves out (he's getting married). Though I will very much miss the dorm interaction (there's no doubt about that), with Joel and Jimmy around, I highly doubt I'll get any more sleep. As Joel said when I told him I'd be working all next year to save up for my last year at MBBC, "We'll just have that much more time to goof off!" Her house is basically a guys dorm with a grandma around to keep it from getting out of control. lol

I have to admit though, I have been rather torn up the last few days to think that I won't be in Leland anymore. It's time to move on. It's been home for 5 years. Sadness!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Rebecca's Corner said...

Thank you for reminding me about the joys of dorm life. Its funny how the simple things take on so much more meaning when they are no longer a part of your life.

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: New Hampshire, United States