God's Grace in My Life

this is a site where you can learn about random, weird, and crazy things that can happen in a girl's life as well as how God uses all of these things to bring honor and glory to him

April 23, 2006

Smile!

So this is a topic that i have been mulling around in my head for about a week or so. It began when someone i know did something minorly stupid. I laughed and said "i thought it was funny". (trying to be lighthearted and all) the person then replied with, "yeah-well, you're not living my life right now."
The more i think about that mindset - the thought that you cant laugh about something because your life is THAT bad, the more i want to smile. i can honestly say that my life has never been so hard that i cant laugh. so hard that i cant joke around. so hard that i cant think about anything other than the trial i am facing. i believe that God is in control of everything. Psalm 16:5 says, "The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot." God chooses the trials i go through, and he also knows how i am going to handle them. oh may i never be so bogged down that i cannot smile. for when i cannot smile, my christian joy is smothered by my selfish woes.

9 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much for this post! God is a God of joy and even if there is nothing else to rejoice in He commands that we "Rejoice in the Lord"--I think it's so cool that that is a command (and rather ironic that we ignore it) :}

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: New Hampshire, United States