God's Grace in My Life

this is a site where you can learn about random, weird, and crazy things that can happen in a girl's life as well as how God uses all of these things to bring honor and glory to him

February 28, 2006

socks and dress shoes

When i was in 6th grade my sister told me an extremely important fashion rule. she said "jen, when you get into 7th grade, dont wear socks with your dress shoes." This seemed easy enough for me...instead of wearing socks with my dress shoes, i wore socks and boat shoes. i can distinctly remember wearing a long flowered skirt, some random solid colored shirt and green socks with my boat shoes. why am i telling you this? well, because today i broke that rule. as i write, i am sitting here in the welcome center (the gateway to maranatha) hiding my feet under the desk.
see, dawn sent me a bunch of useful coupons, and they expire today! i was going to use them this weekend, but i ended up working almost all normal wal-mart shopping hours. so i decided to go on Monday...well on monday i was sick, so i looked at my planner...hmmm...today was free! why not make a who evening out of it and go to the outlets and kohls, etc? so my friends and i get all ready and i was driving down the road and my phone rings. it was one of those "odd" ringers because it was from an unavailable number. sure enough, it was the welcome center employee reminding me that i was scheduled and already 5 minutes late. my heart sank. so much for a night out on the town (oorrr...at wal-mart anyway). acting fast, i rush home and throw on a skirt...and committed the fashion mistake of the year. not only am i currently wearing socks with my dress shoes, they are white socks with pink flowers on them and black shoes. yeah. i look really stylin'. dawn, thanks for the advice. i am sorry i let you down;)

8 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Jim and Angel said...

about that kissing stuff...I'm gonna do that now...

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just make sure you can find your waist after you have kids. :))

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

maybe you should wear little doggie socks.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

is this war? i mean this whole pet thing is quite humorous! maybe you should let camden wear doggie socks since he will never be able to have a real dog of his own;)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Jim and Angel said...

He already has the licking part down...

 
At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn, that was a cute lil' post. It's ok, I wore a pair of nylons the other day with a visible run (gasp, I may have just given up my role as fashion queen . . . NOT).

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jim and Angel said...

I know this post has been up for a while, but it made me think of why people say black and blue dont match...

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jen....are you there? You haven't posted in 2 weeks....helloooooo?

Jim...black and blue only match at certain shades of blue. Like Navy and black look tacky most of the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: New Hampshire, United States