God's Grace in My Life

this is a site where you can learn about random, weird, and crazy things that can happen in a girl's life as well as how God uses all of these things to bring honor and glory to him

August 29, 2008

Reckless abandonment

Lately I have been watching a sad lot of girls who are discontent with their single lives. Some girls just walk around and might as well be holding a sign that says, "SINGLE, but you're welcome to change that!" Why? What is the point of having no other goal in life other than to be married? Is that all that God has called us to?

Nope. I couldn't imagine life being fulfilled in another person. What kind of life is that? I read an amazing quote yesterday that I think sums up my philosophy:

"Incompleteness is not the result of being single, but of not being full of Jesus. Only the process of reckless abandonment to Jesus does any woman finally understand that, in Him, she is complete. When two "incomplete" singles get married, their union will not make them complete. Their marriage will simply two "incomplete" people trying to find completeness in one another. Only when they understand their fullness is found in a relationship with Jesus will they ever begin to complement one another. They can never complete one another. You were not created to complete another, but to complement. Completion is Jesus' responsibility and complementing is a woman's privilege."

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger The Harrisons said...

Great thoughts Jen! You are totally right!

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your thoughts, Jen. Marriage is part of God's plan to bring those who are married closer to Him-to holiness, not to false sense of fleshly completeness and acceptance. If that is a primary expectation when walking into a marriage, then marriage may turn out to be quite the disappointment! Love you!

Libosheth

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

couldn't have said it better myself ;) it's so refreshing to hear fellow singles on the right track :D

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Tovah Certain said...

Jen, very well written. =)

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Mrs. Pizo said...

I read this really fast the other day because I was in a hurry and I did not have time to leave my comment. But this is so good. Not many gals really get that concept and I am not sure I would have been able to put that into words as well as you did. I miss seeing you. Hope you are well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: New Hampshire, United States