God's Grace in My Life

this is a site where you can learn about random, weird, and crazy things that can happen in a girl's life as well as how God uses all of these things to bring honor and glory to him

July 05, 2008

Colorado - Day 1

Yesterday, I flew to Colorado. I have always wanted to come here, so I had it all pictured in my head. When we were flying over Colorado, I was wicked dissapointed. The terrain looked super flat and they had crop circles everywhere. (When I thought of CO, I didn't think "farmland".)
I have always wondered why airports are in such an unpleasing part of the town. I am sure Denver is georgous...but around the airport was dirt and highway...I was a little saddened by that!
A short drive away, Lisa, Nathan (her hubby) and I arrived in Castle Rock. The town is adorable! Close to everything, yet still has a small town feel. Oh, and did I mention that it is beautiful? yeah. it's beautiful! We spent the afternoon and evening at Pastor Tate's house where we barbequed, lit sparklers and played wii. We also went to a ledge thing and watched fireworks that were similiar to Derry,NH fireworks. (Just a little taste of home for Lisa!)
Today we are going to Springs to visit Focus on the Family and Garden of the gods...I will try to take pics for all you faithful readers!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger The Harrisons said...

Yay - I love the wii!!! Have a great time :-)

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you 2 girls can spend some time together.
Love, Mom G

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better post some pictures!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

val...just join facebook - they are on there:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: New Hampshire, United States