God's Grace in My Life

this is a site where you can learn about random, weird, and crazy things that can happen in a girl's life as well as how God uses all of these things to bring honor and glory to him

January 12, 2006

What are YOU thinking about???

It seems like just when i think i am way too overwhelmed, God sends relief. You see, i didnt really want to come back to school this semester. i am usually excited and thrilled to be back, but this semester it just wasnt happening.
so, for days before coming back to campus i was trying to mentally prepare myself for the next five months..."things will be okay" i would say, and "you're gonna love it once you get back there..." i would tell myself. well, here i am. back at school. i can honestly say that i am enjoying myself. i am getting back into the swing of things and God has just shown me that he will provide.
First things first, i changed my major over Christmas break. My former major was nursing. Now it is Humanities with an applied science emphasis. "whoop-da-dee-do-da" you may say. or as others have asked "what in the world are you gonna do with that degree?" well, actually, i have no idea what i am going to do with my life. but, i am sure God will show me in due time:)

ANYWAY you are probably waiting for me to tell you of the relief God has sent my way...here it is:
1. God allowed me to get into my classes (even registering late and not having the proper pre-requisites...basically a miracle).

2. God provided me with no classes until 12:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. so that means that i get to sleep in on those days, or work at latte':)

3. God provided just enough money for me to get the two most urgent books that are available for my classes.

4. God has been teaching me the importance of an earnest prayer life and a consistent walk with Him.

5. God has been teaching me to rely on Him for everything...from groceries to books to getting through daily tasks.

6. Today the weather was absolutely beautiful. I know this may seem small, but in Wisconsin a beautiful day in January is miraculous. i mean it was so nice that i didnt even need a coat!

7. The verses that i have been meditating on this week is
Psalm 40:16-17
Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.
But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Do you grasp that? The Lord thinks about us. I mean, i have always known that he loves us, but i guess i never thought about the fact that he thinks about us. WOW!

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jen,
The girls in my small group prayed last night that you would get the money you needed for your books! Praise the Lord.

He ALWAYS met my needs while I was there. If He wants you there, He'll keep you there.

I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: New Hampshire, United States