God's Grace in My Life

this is a site where you can learn about random, weird, and crazy things that can happen in a girl's life as well as how God uses all of these things to bring honor and glory to him

December 13, 2005

Major doubt

So I am pretty much a relaxed person. It takes something huge to get me shaken up - usually I am just the go-with-the-flow kinda girl. Well not today. Today I am having some "major" doubt. Currently i am enrolled in the nursing program, but this semester i have been struggling with figuring out if nursing is what the i am supposed to do with my life. so, prepare yourself because i am getting ready to ramble. ready? okay.

yesterday when i was studying for my fundamentals of nursing i was thinking to myself "WHAT AM I DOING?! I DONT LIKE THIS STUFF!" that set me soaring on an evening of studying something that i really didn't want to learn. now - remember the name of this class...fundamentals of nursing. nursing....i dont like it? thats right. i don't like it. i mean, don't get me wrong, i love medical stuff. blood, guts, trauma. you name it, i love it. but nursing....eh...i'm just not sure.
so, in the midst of all this doubt i read an email from the dean's office that says the following:

Your current GPA is 1.80 which is too low to allow you to live off campus per the agreement you signed 12/9/05. We are holding your application until the final grades are recorded, at which time we will be able to give you a definite answer. Thank you.

Elaine Haines
Dean's Office


Now, those of you that know me, you know that i am not a bad student. as a matter of fact, up until this semester, i was on the dean's list. now, how in the world can your GPA drop that much??? well, i can tell you that it has nothing to do with my living arrangements. if anything, living off-campus is more conducive to studying. i don't know.
Anyways...THEN, i go into latte this morning and one of my bosses decided to sit down and tell me that i was pursuing the wrong profession and that nursing is not my forte. he said "i can tell that you arent supposed to be doing this. you need to go into business. that is your nature...why fight it?" Wow. my mom and my friends were the only ones who new my conflict.

THEN in chapel this morning mr. davis was preaching on Joseph's character. somehow, he kept mentioning mbbc and majors and changes in life. so needless to say i am going to do some major praying and soul-searching over break.

i guess that is all for now. sorry for the long post! i am usually not this stressed...more relaxing posts in the future.

caio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: New Hampshire, United States